Friday, November 4, 2011

Loser

It's been awhile and I pretty much have no excuse except that I was all about the baseball.  My life was consumed with it.  And lucky for me, my sister and brother-in-law we all went to Game 6 where the Rangers clinched the American League Championship. It was a great day!!  We had the most amazing seats.  We sat 4 rows behind home plate and we were on national TV since the game was televised on FOX.  Awesome!  But the downside, we couldn't eat while on camera.  So during the commercials, we had to stuff our faces. :)  You can stuff a lot of twizzlers in your mouth in about 2 minutes. I don't recommend it but it if you need to, it can be done.



Our AWESOME seats!!

American League Champs!!!

Then of course we had the World Series and every game took a toll on my life.  So many late nights and so many emotions.  And of course, Game 6 was the game that made me want to throw up. One strike away from winning the entire series, not only once but TWICE!!!  If I was a cat, I would have last about 8 lives.  It was so emotional.  And I am not gonna lie to you, I cried after Game 6.  I didn't do it in front of anyone, I waited until I got in my car and let the tears flow.  Such a tough loss. If I was crying, I can't image what the actual players did after the game.  After losing Game 7, all my tears were gone and I was just sad for a while.  My sports depression is now over and I am back in the real world. Bring on season 2012 Rangers!!  I plan to be there on opening day. It's on a Friday so perfect. 

Since we lost, my soundtrack theme is loss and sadness. But it will be cathartic.  In no way am I saying the  Rangers are losers, it's just a sense of loss. I should all ready accept this and say to myself once again "That's the way baseball go."  Thanks Wash for great season.





Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment