Saturday, February 4, 2012

Don Cornelius: Love, Peace and Soooouuullll!

What!  It's been over 2 weeks since the last time I was here? I usually have so much to say but the last but lately, not so much.  The last few days I have been feeling my age. And mainly because of the death of Don Cornelius.  It made me so sad that he took his own life.  Just a shame.

When I was younger, we watched Soul Train when we were in Dallas visiting our big sister.  They didn't show American Bandstand so it was Soul Train. And for me, it was a hard transition because I needed my "spot light dance" and "rate-a-record".  But soon I began to get into the greatness of the Soul Train line and the Soul Train Scramble Board.

A couple of years ago there was a great documentary on VH1 about the show called "Soul Train: The Hippiest Trip in America".  It  was really interesting. I love learning about the history about any thing that involves music. If they run it again, I suggest you check it out.

As you would expect, today's theme is Soul Train.  I hope you enjoy the music as much as I do.









Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment