Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This weekend was So Emotional

I am still processing the fact that Whitney Houston passed away this weekend.  And it's not shock that she passed away, because let's face it, we all knew she had some major problems. But it was a jolt to my system.  It made me so sad to think that she chose those substances over her daughter. I can't understand it at all. But who am I to judge?

I was sad when I heard the news but it was listening to her music that brought me to tears.  I kept choking up as I heard it.  Then of course I started watching her videos and the floodgates opened up.  So many of her songs brought back specific memories.  As you guessed it, today's theme is the one and only Ms. Houston.

11th Grade 
We're at a speech tournament in Canadian and in the hotel room when this video pops up.

12th Grade
My 17 year old heart was so conflicted between 3 boys.

Junior year in college: 
My friend Sam loved this song and always called her "Whip Me Houston".  

Senior year in college: 
Oh my song to my college boyfriend (just like everyone else).

Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment