Friday, March 9, 2012

Freedom!

Today was a very liberating day for me.  I believe I've shared with you that I had a falling out with a friend last year.  Actually it will be 1 year at the end of April. I've pretty much moved on but this past week I took a big step in completely moving on with my life without said "friend".  About 3 days ago I had decided that it was time to make it official and de-friend this person on Facebook.  I mentioned it to another really good friend that I was going to do that and then I just let it stew, however I didn't do it. But something happened today that made me change my mind. It's such a long drawn out story  and I don't want to bore you with it but I will say I did indeed de-friend this person, removed any pictures with that "friend" and removed all tagged photos with that "friend".  I was kinda nervous when I started doing it but by the end, I felt stronger.  After I finished, about an hour later I started to cry.  But I put my big girl pants on and completed the day.

It's really hard to admit when you make a bad choice, whether it's an outfit, date, haircut or friend.  I thought this friendship was real and that I would always have this person in my life forever. Heck, for a while I thought this person would stand with me when I finally got married.  But it seems that I put more effort, love and caring into this friendship. It was more lop-sided but I didn't realize it until these recent happenings. Time is will heal my wounds and I will find a better friend.  I am now free to move on from this whole mess and enjoy my life.

As they say in those cheesy movies "Live, live damn you!"  So I will. So today's soundtrack theme is freedom. Enjoy!







Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment