Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Great Day with Family

Today was a really good day. Unlike my 4th. I ended up getting sick yesterday so no Independence Day fun for Julie. Wah!  It was spent drinking gallons of Sprite and stuffing my face with crackers.  I was in my jammies all day, didn't brush my teeth, take a bath or put on my contacts. I was miserable.  I have no idea what made me sick.  All I know is that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Now this morning I felt like a human again.  Not 100% but at least I wasn't dizzy or nauseated.  That was a huge step for me.


As I mentioned, it was a good day.  I spent the day with my youngest niece, Gabble.  That is one of many nicknames that I call her. We had lunch at our favorite place, Pei Wei then headed to Target for a little shopping and then a spur of the moment movie "Madea's Witness Protection".  (Don't judge us).  We had a great conversation and she always surprises me with her wisdom.  


Spending the day with her made me kinda wonder what would happen if my life would have been different. You know - marriage, kids, carpools, the whole enchilada. Then I realized that I am so not a grown up yet.  I don't feel like one. I might not even act like one.  I'm a great faker. I could win an Oscar for the role of a lifetime.  All in all a good day.  Today's soundtrack theme is family. Enjoy!





Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment