Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'm gonna Stir It Up

It's been another week down and not a lot going on here.  Just the same ol thing. No major change to report.  Well one thing has changed and maybe it could be considered major.  I started to do a little cooking. If you don't know me, I am not much of a chef.  Okay honestly, I have no idea how to do so. I can make pasta and a dang quesadilla.  I pretty much eat like a child (oatmeal, grilled cheese, PB&J & smoothies) and I rarely do I spend much time in my kitchen.

But this past week, I started venturing out.  I've been trying to eat healthier so I decided to buy some yellow squash and zucchini.  I remembered my brother-in-law making this easy, delicious dish and I copied it.  Super easy: slice up the veggies, cover them in olive oil and pepper and then put them in the oven for about 20 -30 minutes.  I also made a nice little chopped salad with cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and spinach.  This is my new thing. I am in love with all my salads be chopped.  I don't know if it's laziness because I don't have to cut up the salad but it's fantastic.  But I cheated on my main dish, I bought a frozen pizza (it did have chicken and spinach so it was somewhat healthy).  The veggies were like butter.  Even now, I am drooling.

Then the 2nd act that shocked my kitchen was that I made cupcakes for our family's Easter lunch today.  I made vanilla cupcakes with four different toppings: vanilla frosting, chocolate frosting, vanilla frosting with coconut flakes and then chocolate frosting with coconut flakes. As I am typing this, I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of them. They were delicious, at least I thought they were. I believe I ate 4 of them, of course I stopped counting after my 2nd one.

My goal is to eat better and that means learning to do a little more cooking.  So challenge accepted. Today's theme is cooking!








Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment