Sunday, April 1, 2012

Times Like These

This weekend, I got a free preview weekend of Encore and Starz.  Lots of free great movies and what do I end up watching?  I watched "Working Girl" twice.  I am such a goober. It is so 80's and I love it.

One of the things I love about that movie is how Tess (Melanie Griffith) uses her day-timer.  I've had a fasnication with those lovely, wonderful tools for as long as I can remember.  I've worked with a day-timer since I was 16.  I actually still have it.  Truth be told, I have every single one of my old day-timers. No, I am not a hoarder.  (Please don't turn me into TLC - I promise, I am not one of them).  I have them all packed away nice and neat in my closet. There were times that I was too lazy to keep a journal, so it was a nice way to keep up with my life.  So many memories: great, sad, scary, funny, the good, the bad and the craziness. Bottom line, I love my day-timer.

One of my favorite things to shop for, is items for my day-timer.  Actually I am a bit obsessed with it.  I just bought a new notebook about 2 months ago and it's Pink!!!  Even though we live in the electronic age, I still love using my old fashion, handwritten day-timer. I use it all the time, for work, personal, etc.  I love to check off my tasks and see what I've accomplished in a day.  Yeah, I'm weird and I'm okay with it.

My very first day-timer. 1986 - holy cats!!

My current day-timer.  Love the color!!


Today's theme is time. Don't waste it and enjoy every moment of it. Enjoy!





Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment