Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Random Thought and a Liebster Nom


I have lots of things going on in my life and in my head. As you know, I gave my notice and my last official work day was on Friday, March 15th. It was kinda odd to leave without anything in mind but it was a really great day. My boss took me and the staff out to lunch. Then some of my co-workers gave me a card with a $50 Target gift card. SCORE!!  This chica needed a new pair of shoes.  

Once I drove away, it was a strange feeling. So what did I do when I got home?  Absolutely nothing.  I sat on my couch and watched TV.  I just vegged. Yup, pretty much my norm.

Today is my 3rd day of unemployment but I've been really busy the last two days.  I've had two interviews and have been getting my household and car in order.  Speaking of my car, did you know that if you buy tires at Discount Tire that they will rotate them for free?  I completely forgot until I received an email about it.  That was a nice perk. No job and I still got something for free.  Woo!!

Back to my job search.  Both interviews went really well.  What do I do next?  Well, I'm gonna keep looking to find my perfect job and do a lot of praying about the interviews.  I want to be absolutely sure about this next career move.  Like I said before, I want to be a blessing at my next job and take everything I've learned and help build the company to the next level. Wow, I have high aspirations don't I?  Who do I think I am?

What's next on my mind?  I have a really good friend that I have known for years.  And I mean years. We met in elementary school. I don't even want to do the math. Anyhoozlebees, her name is Charee and is someone that I can call/email/message and we can pick up right where we left off the last time. She was the first person to ever invite me to church.  I've never told her this but it was because of her invitation, I found Christ.  Her persistence of inviting and getting me to church all those years ago paid off for me.  So lady, thank you for being God's go to person for me.

The reason I am bring her up is because she has done something really cool.  Charee is also a blogger and was nominated for Liebster Award. It's an award given to a blogger to help that particular blogger get to know other bloggers. It's kind like a "get to know you" thing.  And she has nominated little ol' me.  So thank you Charee!!  

Below is the basic jist of it:
1. Thank the person who nominated you & link your post to their blog. (See Above)
2. List 11 facts about yourself then answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 more questions for your nominees, all of whom have 200 or less followers.
4. Comment on their blogs to inform them of their Liebster Award nomination.

Let's get started: 

11 Facts about Julie 
1. I grew up without a father and was surrounded by really strong women. I equate it to living on the Isle of Wonder Women. These women had jobs, took care of us, fed us, took us to run errands, etc. I had no idea that it was not the norm until I was about 13 or 14 when I started hanging out at my friend's homes.  

2. I don't get the appeal of I Love Lucy. I do not love Lucy.  She's a brat and both her and Ricky are too conniving.  YUCK!

3. I am not a pack rat but I have kept every single greeting card I have ever received.  Now that we have this wonderful invention called, pinterest.com and have a little bit of time, I might just be doing this.

4. I will watch any episode of Seinfeld at any time. 

5. I love photography and I have always wanted to be a professional photographer.  But I am a bit lazy so I have not pursued it as I really want to do. 

6. I have not had a real boyfriend since the 90's.  Don't get me wrong, I've dated guys but there has not been one guy since then that I could say, "He was my boyfriend". 

7. I became an aunt when I was 6 years old.  

8. I am one of those people that really love to work out.  I can't help it.  I lurve it!

9. I really do want to find my soul mate and get married.  Where is he all ready?

10. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

11. Growing up, I always had a feeling that I would somehow meet celebrities. Thanks to my past career choices, I did achieve that dream. 




11 Questions given to me to answer:
1. What motto do you live by?  All things happen for a reason.  

2. Give me a favorite quote! "Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try" - Michael Jordan.

3. Favorite book (like one of your top 10).. Whoa so many, so I will name a few.
  • The Diary of Anne Frank  - no explanation necessary on this one.
  • Love is a Mixed Tape by Rob Sheffield. It's about love and music and I read it almost every year.    
  • Pretty in Plaid and Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster - I love this woman. She is an 80's child and hilarious.

4. When was the last time you were inspired? Tell me about it.  A few weeks ago at church, one of our pastors had a great sermon about serving others and how to look for opportunities to leverage your own power to help server others.  It got me so motivated. 

5. Name your style. Copy cat - I really don't think I have a style.  I just copy from all sorts of other people. 

6. What music are you listening to these days? Why do you like those artists?  Right now it's a Fort Worth band called The Burning Hotels. I started listening to them in 2011 and was hooked. They remind me of Depeche Mode.  

7. If you could win a real award, why would you win it? (Screen writing? Acting? Singing? ??)  I would love to win an Oscar for a screenplay. I have never even written one, wouldn't know where to start but I would like to win one for it. 

8. Tell me something about yourself that would surprise me. I just started liking avocados.  All these years, I just hated them. Now, I can't get enough of them.

9. If you could retire today and know that you could live comfortably, what would you do with your time? I would love to be a photographer - concentrating on people/portraits. 

10. Biggest pet peeve? People that let their kids run around and are completely oblivious to it, while the rest of us have to deal with it.  Geesh! Come on people. If I am a restaurant, I really don't need a child running around like an chicken with it's head cut off.

11. What is one major change you'd like to make in the next 2 years? I would like finally settle down get a place of my own. 

 Here is my nominee: Kristy Brooks!

And my questions for her:
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
2. What is your a favorite quote?
3. Favorite Movie?
4. When was the last time you were inspired? Tell me about it.
5. Name your style.
6. Do you have any phobias?
7. What was the most dangerous or most challenging thing that you have ever done?
8. Tell me something about yourself that would surprise me.
9. If you could retire today and know that you could live comfortably, what would you do with your time?
10. Biggest pet peeve?
11. What is one major change you'd like to make in the next 2 years?

Whew! This was a lot of stuff. I hope you hung with me. Since today's blog was all over the map, so will my soundtrack. Enjoy!








Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment