Monday, January 2, 2012

I am not Under Pressure

It's a new year!  Happy 2012!!  Woo! In the years past, I would have my entire apartment cleaned (from top to bottom), all my laundry done and everything would be organized by the the first of January. It usually took me 2 - 3 days and I would be so exhausted from doing it. I've always felt like if everything wasn't in order, the rest of my year would be a mess. I know it's a silly thought but that is just something that's always been with me.  But this year, I made a huge decision. I decided that my New Year's Eve home project would not be this year. The pressure has been lifted. I can't tell you how much better I feel. I am not in a mad rush, I am just being.

It feels good to just be. Don't get me wrong, my apartment isn't in shambles but it's not in the Martha Stewart perfect order like I would normally like it to be. No pressure, just living. Along with my big decision, I decided to hold off on my resolutions. Just like everyone else at the beginning of the year, I am a big talker but then get a little sad when I don't keep them. So I am going to start off small. Don't know what they are yet but I am giving myself until the end of the week to create my small victories.

Here is to not putting pressure on me and my life. So for today's soundtrack, the theme is pressure (or the lack of it). Enjoy!!!






Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment