Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh No! I am not home.

I've kept quiet on my employment situation for awhile.  But I just can't take it anymore.  I have to say it.  I finally landed a job.  I'm ALIVE!!!  I started last Monday and it's been great.  I am working for a live concert venue.  What does that mean?  Loads of concerts for this Mex-I -Can!!  Woo!hoo!  So much new music and so little time.  Tomorrow, I will be seeing The Wailers.  Yes, that is Bob Marley's band.  I can't wait.  I've all ready seen his son Damian when he opened for U2 about 6 years ago.  Can't wait.

Now that I've started working, it's taken a little time for my poor squater (Oliver) to get his bearings. He's not used to being alone and when I get home he is standing at the door meowing like a maniac.  I think he is giving me a verbal lashing for not being at his disposal.

Reality TV time - why must I be so obsessed with you.
Celebrity Apprentice - I love John Rich even more. That man knows some deep pockets.  And Marley - wow, outstanding on fundraising.  I don't know why we are shocked when anyone of them has a major meltdown.  But still good stuff.

Dancing with the Stars - Last night I was at my Sister, L's house to watch the fight for that lovely mirrored ball.  As we are sitting there, we make comments on the dances and of course guess what the judges scores will be for each "star".  Usually, we are on par but last night we totally missed on almost all of them.  We just  knew that we were right and then here come the judges with the exact opposite. I couldn't decided if we were high or if it was the judges.  After thinking about the dances, I've decided the judges were the ones stiffing the glue.  And here is why:
  • Chelsea can do the moves but there is something missing.  I can't put my finger on it.
  • Petra (model girl) - looked like a beautiful, stiff board.  
  • Kendra - ugg!!  Hey folks, stripper doesn't mean dancer. I'm sorry, I just can't logically root for a chick that was a stripper and stank to Hef.  Gross! 
  • Wendy - Girl, learn how to cut loose. Boring!

This will probably be the only time that I will say that I like a Steeler but here goes. Hines Ward - absolutely darling.  And now I am loving Chris Jericho.  That dude can move.  So sad about my girl Kirstie but at least she is safe.  And then there is Johnny Castle.  Love him!  Wasn't great but so sweet. My 13 year old heart is totally on your side Johnny. 

That's all I have for today.  Now that I've started this new job, I have new music to share with you.  Sweet!  Today's soundtrack is Marina and the Diamonds.  Add this to my list of obsessions.  Enjoy!




Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment