Sunday, April 3, 2011

I wish I took a Picture

Yesterday I headed to the Deep Ellum Arts Festival to hear some bands.  It was a beautiful day but as usual I was sweating like a pig. Good thing that I didn't wear any makeup.  It would have been a lovely look for me - red & sweaty along with raccoon eyes.   There was one thing missing from that nice little jaunt... a man.  My birthday is coming up soon, so maybe I will add that to my birthday present list.

I ended up going myself to the event and did some people watching. Fascinating stuff.  All types of people there.  We had the typical art type peeps (hence the event), the hipsters with their skinny jeans, the drunk frat boys and a gaggle of young families.  I almost forgot one group - the dog people.  Not just the ones with dogs on a leash but the ones that had their sweet babies in a carrying bag or in the stroller. As I was there, I was really wishing I would have taken a camera.

I strolled the streets looking at all the fantastic art - painting, photography, jewelry and purses.  Walking from booth to booth, I was suddenly feeling really average.  I wish had powers that allowed me to create something arty.  With those feels, inspiration has hit me. I want to get back to photography but my cameras kind of suck.  I have a really old Nikon FM (for all you youngsters, it is a camera where you shoot, take your film to get developed and have to wait to see your final work) that doesn't work and it's so old, NIKON doesn't even have the parts for it.  Then there is my digital camera. That thing is a dinosaur.  It was a Christmas present from 2005.  I have used it like crazy but now it's just old and really bulky.  When I pay off my bills, my goal is to buy a really nice camera but I have no idea what I want.  I guess I will just have to dream until then.  

I guess that's all for today. Nothing major.  For today's soundtrack, my inspiration is again - Photography.  Enjoy!











Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment