Saturday, May 28, 2011

My weekend is Booked

Uh, it's the end of May, how did this month fly by so fast. The last time I blogged was over a week ago. I kept thinking that it was just a few days.  So I better make this good right?  Well, too bad.  I don't know what I am going talk about today.  lol!

What is on my mind today?  My new Foo Fighters CD that I heart, the Memorial Day weekend, The 80's movie weekend on Encore.  Not a lot going on in my head.  As usual, just work and that's pretty much it.  No dating, no meeting new guys - pretty much business as usual. 

I have picked up a few books that I  can't wait to read. Below are the titles.

1. If You Were Here - Jen Lancaster
She is my favorite author.  I was finally able to meet her a few weeks ago when she had a book signing at Barnes & Noble. She did a reading from the book, answered questions and then signed autographs.  Of course, I could not think of anything to ask.  But I wish I would have planned better.  Apparently you had to get a card to stand in line for the autographs. The groups were A, B and C.  I was in group C.  I had no idea that we could have gone the day before to get a card. Instead, I got mine that evening after work.  What did that mean for me?  Well, I stood in line for over an hour and half to get my book signed.  And here is what I literally just realized, I could have been reading the book while I was there.  Instead I listened to my iPod.  Yes, I am not that bright.

2. The Carrie Diaries - Candance Bushnell
Oh, how I've missed you Carrie Bradshaw.  This one is about Carrie's life in high school. I tried reading Sex and City a couple of years ago but really couldn't get into it.  I picked this one up and I am really enjoying it.  There is another book, Summer in the City so I wanted to read this one first before I started on that one. 

3. Zlata's Diary: A Child's Life in Sarajevo - Zlata Filipovic
I read about this book in another book by Erin Gruwell.  It's kind of like the Diary of Anne Frank.  Can't wait to start on it.


Well that is all for today.  This weekend I plan on hanging by my sister's pool, cleaning my house and doing some major reading.  Today's soundtrack is books, of course. Hope you enjoy it.

This is such a great song.  Makes me want to cry every time but I love it.

Oh, good high school memories listening to this one.

New song - love it!

Can't go wrong with a little Simon & Garfunkel, can you?  


Have a great Memorial Weekend! Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment