Sunday, May 1, 2011

Raise your Glass to 41

My birthday is today.  41 - wow!  How did I get to that number? I am not saying it's bad (because I am happy to be this age), I am just wondering how yesterday I was 12 years old and today I am middle -aged.  Crazy nuts!!  Honestly, I am excited to be in my 40's.  While I was in my 30's, it was a little tough on me. But in my late 30's, I started becoming more and more comfortable with who I am and what I have become.  So, 41 is a rawkin' age. 

However this morning was a rough start.  First of all, sometime during the middle of the night, my cat Oliver decided that I was going to be his trampoline.  I was sound asleep and I awoke to Oliver pouncing on my stomache. He was a real life Tigger.  He took a jump from the top of my bed and landed on my belly and bounced off to the bed. So glad that he had a good time.

I had planned on sleeping in this morning but that didn't happen due to the Tigger incident and then about 6:30am, he decided that he needed to be loved on and petted. So there was went my morning.  Since that was interrupted, the gym was calling my name.  Felt good to get my sweat on this morning.

Continuing with the bad start - may I remind you that it is May 1st and we should not be freezing. That put me in a bad mood.  To add insult to injury, I burnt my ear with my straightener. AHH!!  After that happened, I decided to put my mood in check and feel better.  Off to church I went (freezing and all) and had a good time.  I snuck out a little early because I wanted to take a quick nap (I am not gonna lie why I snuck out early).  Walking out to my car, I look at my tires and my back tire is flat.  AHHHHHHHH!!!  I have never had to really deal with that so I had a bit of a panic attack.  I called my sister, L for advice and she gave me some good tips.  I found a gas station and got settled.   I said a prayer because I have never put air in my tire and was freakin' out. Just as I was about to try it, a truck came up with a couple and I looked up a them and I know that I looked like a hurt puppy and I know I had tears in my eyes.  Now understand, it's my birthday, it's cold and having a car problem is something that I just can't afford right now (remember - out of work for 8 months).  The guy came out and was nice and aired up my tire and showed me how to do it.  Whew!!!  Thank you Lord!

My day got so much better because I had a great lunch with my sisters.  Carrabas - mmm!!!!  I am still stuffed from it.  I love me some Italian creme sodas.  Thank you Tiffany for showing me the light on that.  And then my favorite - German Chocolate cake!!!  D-lish!!!  That's how you end a birthday lunch.

I will be honest, I was feeling really lonely first thing this morning since I am sans a dude in my life but I tell you what, I know am loved because I have received so many Birthday text messages, phone calls and facebook posting.  Thank you to everyone that remembered me on my day.  I really appreciate it.  Today's soundtrack is what I was feeling today.  I am happy to see another year and happy to be blessed with some great people in my life.

A champagne toast to a great day:

Lunch with my family:
 

 Just a great jam:
 

This is what my mom used to sing to me:



Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

2 comments:

  1. So sorry we missed the birthday lunch! Can we do a re-do? Let us know the time and the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristy! You guys were missed. That's so sweet. I will call you.

    ReplyDelete