Monday, May 30, 2011

I am ready for Summer Nights

It's been a sun-filled, pool-side, pina-cola drinking weekend.  I've spent the last two days at my sister L's house and enjoyed every minute of it.  I always tell people that it's my summer home.  I am so spoiled and I love it.  Why am I so spoiled?  Well, for starter's my brother-in-law is a fantastic bartender and he and his father are the master grillers.  I have gained 5 pounds in 2 days and I don't care. It's worth it!!

I am so glad that summer is here. It's not that I want a summer vacation, it's that it's great to finally have something to do during that time.  Last summer, I was laid off at the beginning of July and was given a mandatory summer vacation. Not gonna lie, I did enjoy it.  I made the best of it.  But at the same time was feeling guilty for sleeping late and doing nothing. Flash forward to 2011, I am back to normal and loving it. What a difference one year makes. 

Happy Memorial Day!  What does that mean to me? Well, it' means that I am so grateful that I live in this country and we have people that are willing to risk their lives for someone like me.  I thank God all the time for the fact that I was born here.  Yeah, U.S.A.!! 

Hope that everyone had a great weekend.  It's the beginning of summer so today's theme is kicking off a great time of the year.  Enjoy!

I didn't like this song when I was younger but started to dig it much later.

R.I.P Kenickie


Oh, I so wanted to be them.

Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment