Monday, August 22, 2011

Le Freak - The man who created the soundtrack our lives

I am assuming that the title of my blog gives you an understanding about how much I love music.  I can't sing, play a guitar or write lyrics but I am a fiend when comes to music.  And I love reading book, watching documentaries and blogs about music.  I can't get enough of it. Every so often, I come across something that just gets me in my heart.  This time it's a blog.

This blog is by Nile Rodgers. If you don't know who he is, trust me you know his music.  He is one of the greatest musicians and he's worked with everyone.  I just started reading his blog and it has given me a new lease on life.  He was diagnosed with cancer last year and is now chronicling his battle.  I can't imagine being so upbeat and dealing with something so horrible as cancer.  But he is doing it.  And God bless him for that.  Check out his blog if you get a moment: http://nilerodgers.com/.

Now that I have given you some info on the most fantastic Mr. Rodgers, I will now give you my soundtrack theme.  Yes, it's Nile Rodgers' music. Trust me - you will know each song and want to get up and dance.  I hope you enjoy this soundtrack.

You know his band, Chic.  Niles in on the left playing bass.


He wrote and produced this song.

Ditto for this one.

And we can't forget this one.
I know you recognize the riff on this one.

We can thank Nile's for this one.
How many wedding receptions have played this one?

How much did I want to see this concert when I was 15?

As you can see, you do know Nile Rodgers.  Now each time you hear these songs you will know that there was a mad genius behind them.  We can thank him for literally building the soundtrack to our lives. When you get a minute, send him some good thoughts, vibes and prayers.  

Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment