Friday, August 19, 2011

This week is full of Dudes.

Okay, I have been a major slacker and I have blogged in almost two weeks.  Not a lot happening here.  You wanna know what's truly sad? It's Friday night and I am excited that I have cleaned half of my apartment and I caught up on this past week's episode of Royal Pains.  Are you watching that show?  I love the main character, Hank but can't stand his brother.  UGG!!   Anyhoos, I love it.  It makes me wish I was rich, vacationed in the Hamptons and was able to wear white without spilling anything on it.   Besides my TV show and mopping the floor, that is my big excitement.  I truly need to meet a man.

So the cast of the "The Big Lebowski" had a reunion this past week. If you have not seen it, urge you to.  It's complete nonsense but great nonsense.  Since I've had my squatter; Oliver I've always called him "The Dude" because he reminds of the real "Dude".  Now I can finally share my dude with you.  This is what I see every day.  And each time it makes me laugh my butt off.



Oh, I completely forgot.  I did have a major event this week.  This past Wednesday, I went to see one of my favorite groups, Stone Temple Pilots.  I met my friend, Niki and her husband, Josh at the show. Now if you know me, you know that I LURVES me some Scott Weiland.  I've loved him through all his heroine addictions, rehabs, jail stints, band break-ups, everything. Here is the big thing.  I have seen them about 4 times but this time I was on the FRONT ROW!!!  I went crazy nuts.  It was all that I had hoped for and more.  Of course, he was a bit drunk and made no sense when he was talking but when he sang; completely awesomely fantastic!  He rambled on about Notre Dame football and Texas having soul  What that means, I don't know.  Our plan was to stalk him after the show but Niki's husband really wasn't up to it. But at least we had some good pictures from FRONT ROW!!  The next day my ears were ringing and felt stuffy, my feet were hurting and my voice was a little shot.  I can't decide if it was because I was next to the speaker or because I am getting old.  Either way it was completely worth it.

My MAN!!!

So great!!!

Me & my friend, Niki. We both love Scott!
For today's soundtrack, it's Dudes.  Hope you enjoy it.  Don't forget to stay cool.


 

Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment