Sunday, August 7, 2011

Let's get original folks: ie, why another Footloose?

Last Sunday I saw Crazy Stupid Love with a few of my friends. We've been planning to see that movie since about April and we made sure that we went on opening weekend.  But this post isn't going to be about how great the movie is or about Ryan Gosling's perfect abs, thighs or butt.  Or even about how great that man looks even while eating pizza.  Okay now I have to post the image of him. Hold on, I think I need a cigarette. 
You are welcome!

No, I am going to talk about the lack of originality.  This is not about the movie because it was fan-freakin'-tastic!  It's about what a mockery of a sham of joke I saw during the previews.  What was the tragedy?  They are making a new version of Footloose with Juliana Hough.  What!!!  Seriously?!!?!?!?!? Only one Ren McCormick folks.  If it happened in the '80's then let it stay in it's glory. And it's not like the Karate Kid where they gave it a new location, etc.  No, I did not see that one because honestly I do no think that Will Smith's kid is a good actor.  I know I will probably get some flack because I don't like him but I don't give a care.  In my defense, I present my case of amazing children actors: Dakota Fanning, Jody Foster and Tatum O'Neil. Case closed.

Okay, back to where I was going before I started down another avenue.  Why is Hollywood getting so lazy?  Come on!!  I know there has got to be a million original screenplays which are probably 1000 times better than a remake.  Good Will Hunting anyway?   It's truly sad to know that new, original ideas are sitting out there and being neglected.  Instead let's just rehash something and present the audience with a polished turd.  Yes, I said it.  Hollywood seems like they are just taking a big poo on us.  Don't get me wrong, I love movies and look forward to each major movie award show. But I have to come to the conclusion that maybe being original is so passe'.

All right, I am over my rant.  I just needed to share my frustration with all seven of you that read my blog. By the way, thank you for choosing to reading my blog.  I know there are some really great blogs out there and I appreciate you giving mine a chance.  Speaking of other blogs, I found a great one. I am totally in blog-love with this one: http://www.crazytxmommy.com/.  I will be adding it to my reading list.

Not sure on what the theme for today's soundtrack.  Frustration?  Footloose tunes?  Hmmm....  How about music from original films?  Okay, settled.  Enjoy!!








Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment