Monday, August 1, 2011

So do you like stuff?

Whew, I am exhausted!  I had such a great weekend.  I was really hoping for another extra Sunday. 

I really just want to talk about my event-filled Friday night.  The plan was to go to a movie screening with my friend, Dawn to see "Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest".  It was directed by Michael Rapaport.  If you don't know who he is, let me refresh your memory.   All lovers of the TV show Friends will remember him as Phoebe's cop boyfriend, Gary.  He was also in Beautiful Girls (love that movie) with Timothy Hutton and Matt Dillon.  Did I mention that he was going to be there for a Q&A after the film? Woo!!

Unfortunately Ms. Dawn was feeling well but she did make sure that I was able to go.  What a sweetheart! I ended up taking my friend Michelle with me.  That's us at the theater after the movie.

The film was really good.  We both enjoyed it.  Then came the Q&A with one Mr. Rapaport.  It was really funny and interesting.  Turns out that I knew both moderators that were on the Q&A panel. I worked with both of them in my past life.  So we had a chance to chit-chat with them after it.  Then the coolest thing happened.  M.R. walked passed us and my buddy, Skin asked him if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with me. I was completely unprepared and was a complete idiot.  Below is the proof.
Geez, how short am I?

The night gets better because Skin was able to get me and Michelle into the after party at this swanky hotel.  Wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived there.  Basically we were at a club in a little area that had a few couches and some nice liquid beverages.  It really wasn't a private area or even roped off so that was kind of weird. I just assumed it would be, like what you would see in the movies.

We got there and said a few hellos then hit the dance floor.  Now here's the problem, the music basically sucked.  Nonetheless, we made the best of it and danced like there was no tomorrow.   The main reason for us going to the after party was that so I could talk to M.R. and then he would totally and completely fall for me.  Here's the deal, I have a thing for red-heads.  I don't know what it is, but I do.  Maybe because they are completely opposite of me.  I blame one Rick Astley for that. :)  Anyway, I envisioned him seeing me and hearing "Dreamweaver", just like in Wayne's World.

I ended up going up to him and once again became a total and complete dork. It was more like this:
Yes folks, I am so much smoother online than in real life. I honestly thought I would be this cool, interesting person. Turns out, I am the 15 year old, insecure geek that still lurks inside of me.  Oh well, it was still a great night. Watched a great movie, had a wonderful time with my friend Michelle and met a star. That's not a bad Friday night.

I have been going back and forth on the theme for today's soundtrack.  After much debate, the theme is red.  Enjoy!




Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment