Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Don't Feel Like Dancing after the scale showcase showdown

I can't believe that I haven't mentioned the fact that this year I actually gave up something for Lent.  I don't remember the last time I did.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do it but at the last minute I decided to accept the challenge. What is it?  Chocolate? Caffeine?  Candy?  Nope!  I am hitting myself where it hurts.  I gave up my love of VH1 Classic and all my new movie channels.  I know that doesn't seem like a lot to some people but you have to understand my love of all things 80's and movies.  Remember back in February when I was so excited that I finally had FIOS installed?  The main reason is because I finally had VH1 Classic.  Yes, that proves what kind of dork I really truly am. About now if  my sister's are reading this, I am sure they are probably saying out loud - seriously, that wasn't the only thing that proves that she is a dork.  Back to my sacrifice.  Yes, I love the 80's and everything involved with it so VH1 Classic is my go to channel when I turn on the TV. And with all my free movie channels, I am missing so many movies and series.  I haven't even tried to watch them On Demand.  Look at me!  I have the will power.  Now if I could just do that with food.

And speaking of food - I can't believe I am going to put this up here but here goes.  Last week I was at my friend's house for a jewelry party. I ran to the bathroom and as I am washing my hands I see that she has a small, scary device on the floor.  Yes, she had a scale.  It's been over a year since I have stepped foot on one of those.  For some stupid reason, I was compelled to check it out.  As you are supposed to do, I took off all the extras: shoes, cardigan and all my jewelry.  I stepped on the scale and waited for the number.  It's not like The Price is Right.  Because as you know, the higher the number is on the scale doesn't mean that you are going to the showcase showdown. Instead, you are going to fall into a heap on the floor and cry like a baby.  As soon as the digital numbers popped up, I just about passed out. The number I saw is a number that I have never seen in my life.  And that number is too scary for me to type much less say out loud.  My number is not what is going to shock you but it's what I did next. 

Standing in my friend's bathroom, I was dazed and confused.  Why and how did this happen? I've been pretty good when it comes to working out. I even started going to the free training sessions my complex offers.  I can see more definition in my arms, legs and my booty is crazy.  Now if I could just get my gut in check.  It will not go away no matter how many times I ask it politely to take a hike.  Then I remembered that I have no will power when it comes to food and desserts.  I have always eaten like a horse but I guess I wasn't really thinking about everything that I was stuffing my mouth. 

Back to me standing in the bathroom.  I decided, well this can't be right.  The next thing I know, I am taking of my pants and my shirt (don't worry, the door was locked).  There I am, in my undies just thinking that I have now taken off 10 pounds of extras.  Did I mention that I gained 10 pounds in one year?  Why the face!!!!!  I am back on the scale and wah, wah, wah.  Game over.  I dropped only 4 pounds by loosing all the goods.  ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I keep telling myself that some of it is muscle.  And it is but there is no way that I gained 10 pounds of muscles. Is that even possible?  I'm not that good at working out.  I am trying to stay positive and hope that I can find more will power.  No dessert for me for awhile and I am gonna actually watch what I eat, not eat what I watch.  And of course, the workouts will continue.  

There you have it folks. Two looks at my will power: one success and flabby failure standing in her undies in her friend's bathroom.  I know that I will need to make some sacrifices to get to my goal weight and it's going to hurt.  I've been able to sacrifice my love of 80's so I hope that I can also sacrifice all my favs (desserts) in order to fit into my clothes. So today's soundtrack theme is what I how I was feeling standing on the scale. 







Thanks for reading my blog.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment