Monday, June 27, 2011

The Call to make my weekend great!

After my last posting, I decided to put on my big girl panties and get over it.  I can't worry about the past, it doesn't do anything for me.  All I can do is be happy with what is in front of me. So this leads me to gist of my blog.  Top 4 reason my weekend was epic.

4. Slept until about 11am on Saturday.
3. Spend the day at my cousin's house on Saturday and saw 2 of my cousins that I have not seen in 2 years.
2. I didn't worry about my friend situation. See my intro above.
1. I took my 12 year old niece to see NKOTBSB.  For those that are not in the know, that is short for New Kids on The Block and Backstreet Boys. 

The concert was AMAZING!!  We arrived early and were ready for a great show.  Our seats were super high, behind the stage. Granted not the best seats but we were there and we were happy.  About 10 minutes before the concert started, a woman came up to us and asked if it was just us 2 at the show.  Once we told her yes, she asked if we wanted to move down into the lower level to watch the show.  OF COURSE!!!!  Turns out she worked for Livenation (the concert promoter) and didn't want the tickets to go to waste. 

We made our way downstairs to discover our seats were on the 1st level, 7 rows from the pit and super close to the stage.  Our mouths hit the floor. I think we jumped up and down, I don't remember - it was all a blur.  A super fantastic happy blur!  We sang, danced, laughed and screamed until our lungs hurt.  Seeing my niece have a great time was probably one of the hi-lights of my night.  I guess this is how a parent feels when they see their child so happy.  I loved every minute of it.   I was so glad that she had such a great time. Even today we were still talking about.  I think is so neat that my niece is open to all kinds of music.  She knew some of the songs and the ones she didn't, she still danced and enjoyed them.  I continued the tradition with her. I took my oldest niece, Celeste to see News Kids for her birthday in 1990 and then I took my two other nieces, Marisa and Micki to see Backstreet in 2001 or 2002.  And now, Gab is a part of our little awesome club.  Now she and I will have an awesome memory. Check out our pics.

Me and My Niece - GREAT TIMES!

Oh, Donnie - when are you gonna call me?

The beginning of the show.

My niece enjoying the show.

They are still hot!

Love them but I miss my Kevin.

Thank you Dallas!!
I think I took over 100 pictures. So worth it.  Since it was a NKOTBSB day, today's soundtrack - der!




Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment