Friday, June 10, 2011

I love technology. Or do I?

Another Friday night and I am alone again. But that wasn't the plan.  The plan was to go out with a couple of friends and have a girls night out.  As you can see, my plan took another turn.  Actually I am kind of ticked. We made these plans on Tuesday to go out tonight. Everyone was on board and I was ready to take on the night.

Earlier today I sent a text to remind the girls about tonight.  We were supposed to leave at 8:30pm.  What happened?  Nothing. Did not hear from any of them, not a text, email or phone call.  So about 8pm I gave up and decided to get the jammies on and read my book. Then a little after 9:00, I started getting text messages asking if we were going.  Okay, we were supposed to leave at 8:30 and you agreed to it, then why do text me at 9:00 to ask if we are still going?  Are you kidding me?  Over 30 minutes later and you just now contact me?

Why is it that even though we have 8000 technological ways to get in touch with people that we can't seem to reply to a damn text/email/voicemail/tweet/facebook message?  Irritating!!!!  Yes, I had to cuss in this blog because I mean it.  Technology is making us way too freaking lazy and rude for our own good. Wasn't having all these fun things supposed to make it easier to get a hold of someone?  Don't get me wrong, I love all the techy toys but really people can we be human and have some manners again?

Sorry for rant but I had to get it out. For today's soundtrack - technology.


Are we human or just a bunch of rude peeps?


This is a little racy but funny.

Thanks again for letting me rant and for reading my blog.  I know tomorrow will be a much better day.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment