Friday, June 24, 2011

Friends

Growing a part sucks.  Whether it's a friend, classmate or co-worker that you lose, it hurts.  I recently had a falling out with a very close friend, I will call that person X.  A friend that I've know for over 25 years (or more).  What was it about?  I have no idea.  Because X will not tell me, nor return a call, a text or email.  I have tried to find out why but to no avail. 

I was very upset when it first happened and I cried a lot.  Then I moved onto sadness and loss.  This was the person that I talked to about 3 - 4 times a week.  A lot of times our calls were just to check in and say hi. Then there were times where we discussed all the things that were causing turmoil in our lives.  We were there to catch each other and be a sounding board. 

Now I am just mad.  So I decided that I would have to put it all behind me and move on just as X has done.  It's truly sad when you think you know someone and then you find out exactly what kind of person they really are.  Yes, I know I ended my sentence with a preposition and I don't care.  That's how mad I am, I don't care about my punctuation today.

I will get over this, just as I have gotten over all my other heartaches.   Life is too short to hold grudges.  I just wish X would remember that, especially since I have been the only one trying to make amends.  I guess some people don't really care about the hurt they cause others.  That's life right?   I know that if someone was trying to get back in my good graces, I would at least try to hear them out and not ignore them.  But not everyone is like me.  Thank goodness for small favors, right? :)

So the lesson learned today, if you have a fight/argument/spat with someone, get over it, especially if the person you are mad at is trying to make ammends.  I don't want to throw people under the bus, I just needed to clear my mind and purge my soul today.  This has been weighing on my heart and I couldn't take it anymore.  It had to make it's way into the light.  Sorry that I am such a downer today and I will write a better, happier blog soon. 

Today's soundtrack - friendship: finding it and keeping it.









Thanks for reading my blog.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment