Monday, June 13, 2011

The Time is Now for Winning!!!

Wow!  What a weekend!!!  The Mavs won the NBA Finals last night.  I still can't believe it.  I don't know if I've told you before but I love me some sports. I love going to games and watching them on the tube - football, basketball and oh yes the baseball. 

Within one year, I've experienced a sports lovers fantasy - the Rangers in the World Series and now the Mavericks in the NBA Finals. Last October when the Rangers took out the Yankees, it was the most amazing high.  My sister, L and I were in Austin and watched the game at restaurant.  When they struck out A-Rod, we lost our minds. We were jumping around, screaming, crying and hugging each other.  Hi-fiving perfect strangers and responding to text messages like crazy. You see, my sister and I love baseball.  We have gone to so many games together and loved everyone of them. Now that I think about it,  it was extremely fitting that I was with her when the Rangers made it to the World Series.  Over 21 years of being fans together and there we were enjoying that moment.  As silly as this is, I am sitting here tearing up thinking about it.  It's one of the best memories I have of us together.  Granted, they didn't win the series but that was still an amazing feat and to be a long time fan and to see them reach the World Series was still one of the best things ever!

As for last night, I was able to watch game 6 at work.  We have a 30 foot screen and concert sound.  FANTASTIC!  After living through the horrible 2006 series, it was crazy nuts to see our little Mavs play the dreaded Miami again.  Scared - yes I was but faithful.  I ended up meeting a really good friend of my, Dave at the watching party.  He and I worked together years ago at KISS FM. And back in 1999 - 2000, we started going to watch the Mavs play...at Reunion Arena.  Yes, Reunion Arena.  We loved going to the games along with the other 5 fans. Just kidding. There were 15.  Dave was there when I fell in love with my little Steve Nash.  We always had a great time back then so last night watching the game together was full-circle.  What a different 11 years makes.  As the clock was winding down, we just looked each other and couldn't stop smiling.  As the buzzer went off, hugs and tears were flowing.  Everyone was screaming and jumping up and down.  It was such a magical moment.  I know that sounds weird since I am not a player but as a fan it was magic.  I know that my big brother is still on Cloud 9.  Now he is true Mavs. He has been going to the games as long as I can remember. I am so happy that he was able to enjoy last night's victory, he and his wife went to the American Airlines Center to watch the game.  World complete! Can't wait for the parade.

For today's soundtrack - CHAMPIONS!! Enjoy!

I dare you not to cry. I did.



Thanks for reading my blog! #MFFL
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment