Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I went Home

My weekend was filled with all types of emotions: sadness, happiness and peace.  Friday morning, I headed back home to my hometown, Hereford which in the panhandle.  My dearest friend in the world had a family situation and I made my way back to see her.  I do not want to get into the details because I want to respect her privacy.  However, I was able to be with her when she needed me.  I am so blessed that I was able to do so. She has always been there for me and she knows all my deep dark secrets so I had to be there or she would completely spill. :)

While I was there, I stayed at my Aunt Irene's house.  I was there for two nights and enjoyed my time with her.  It was a bit sad because my old apartment is two blocks from there.  Lots of memories came back to me as I drove past my old block.  During my stay, I did try past my apartment. It still looks the same except for the trees. Now they actually look like trees as opposed to tall, skinny sticks with five leaves.   

Being back home did kind of recharge me and here's why.
1. Silence can be good: I sat outside in my aunt's backyard and watched their dog play in the grass. It was 9:30 at night, there was no sounds of airplanes flying by or sirens.  The only sound I could hear was the train passing through Hereford.  I sat there and closed my eyes and enjoyed the silence.  It was so calming.
2. Network down: I didn't really use any social networking.  Actually, I really didn't follow anything.  I spent my time talking to my two aunts and lots of cousins.
3. Sunday driver: I took it slow.  It's a small town and people tend drive slower.  No one is really in a rush.  Of course it was the weekend but even so, it was nice to take a leisurely drive.

I know you can't go home again but you can visit and make more memories.  For today's soundtrack, the theme is home.  Enjoy!





Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment