Monday, July 4, 2011

Grateful that I am Living in America!

Hello and Happy 4th to Everyone!
I can't believe we are in the middle of the year all ready. Crazy!  It will be Christmas before you know it. I am so grateful I was live here and to know that we have so many wonderful men and women that have sacrificed their lives for us. I am truly blessed.

I am sitting here, over-sunned, exhausted and needing another nap.  Yes, I took 2 naps today. Why?  Well because I am a rock star. :)  Saturday afternoon was spent with my sisters, my niece and nephew having a nice leisurely lunch and gab fest.  It was such a nice day.   My plan for Saturday night was just to read a book and chill out but a friend of mine asked to go see Musiq Soulchild at House of Blues. To be honest, I've only heard one of his songs but who cares; it was a chance to hang with my buddy and to enjoy a new artist (at least to me).  I got home at 1am.  A great day!

Sunday was pretty much an all you can eat, drink and pool-fest.  I was caramel but I am now mocha.  We had a nice surprise too.  My big brother, sister-in-law and nephew (he lives in McAllen) joined us for our celebration. It was so nice to see them.  We had such a great time remembering old times, talking about movies, sports and enjoying time together. Great food and drink!  I think I got home about 12:30am. 

Coming home so late made this morning a bit difficult to wake up at 7:30am.  I really wanted to sleep in but it was the annual 4th of July parade here in the crooked I.  I met my family at 8:30am and it was packed.  I tell you what; the McDonald's next to the parade route was making a killing.  The parade was fun - lots of floats and good looking cars but they really skimped on the candy this year. :)

After the parade I came home and took about a 35 minute nap and then headed to my sister's house to discuss our reading of "To Kill a Mockingbird".  Have I mentioned its part of my niece's summer reading so my sisters and I are reading it with her?  We meet ever Monday to discuss the book.  Had a nice little lunch and a great discussion about our chapters we read.  Then homeward bound for another nap. But this time it was a 2 hour nap. Man it felt great!  Of course, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight but it was so very much worth it.

All in all, a fantastic weekend for little ol' me.  Hope you had a great weekend too. I would love to hear how your weekend went.  So for today's soundtrack, it's so with the obvious - 4th of July and U.S.A., U.SA, U.S.A!  Enjoy!!








Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment