Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My mind still thinks I am 17 but my body - not so much.

This past weekend, my body was screaming at me that I was 41.  On two different mornings, I awoke to some major pain in one part of my body or another.  Sunday morning, my lower back was killing me. I was stooped over and I felt like I bench pressed 10,000 pounds.  About 7am, I took an Advil and went back to bed.  No help.  Next up was a heating pad.  It was me, my heating pad, my squatter; Oliver and 90210.  Still nothing.  Finally about 2:30pm I decided to take a really hot bath.  So hot that my skin was lobster red but it was worth it.  I was able to walk upright and not cry.  Thank goodness I was better because I wanted to enjoy my time at my sister's pool.  Plus a little adult beverages sure didn't hurt.

Monday morning, yet another pain.  This time, the culprit was my left arm.  I have no idea how in the heck my arm was feeling like I had moved an entire car.  This time I took a cue from my Sunday situation and immediately took an Advil and took a super hot shower. Success!  I was feeling like a 30 year old again.

For today's soundtrack - it's age.  Enjoy!

Disclaimer - this is from a rated R movie - so the clip is also.



Ah, Dave Grohl - I love you!

This is what my mind tells I am.

17 - holy cow!  Was I that age once?


Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment