Saturday, July 9, 2011

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night : Alone

Another Saturday night at home alone.  I am not pulling a Macaulay Culkin - no jumping on the bed, trying on aftershave or lip syncing to Bing Crosby.  Instead, it's my usual Saturday night.  Dinner, FIOS and my squatter; Oliver all at home.  This act is getting a little old but I don't know how to change it up.  I've tried the interweb dating services and I've gone on quite a few first dates but that's it.  And to be honest, 99% of them, I only wanted that one date. 

What do I do next?  I can't seem meet anyone at my job.  A lot of my friends are single so that doesn't help and then the rest of my friends are married.  I've thought about sending out an all points bulletin email to all my friends and family and asking them to set me up with a nice guy.  Not sure if that sounds desperate or maybe just some good grassroots marketing.  It's a toss up.  Anyone got any great ideas for me?  I am pretty much willing to listen to what you got. 

So there you go, another Saturday night blogging and feeling sorry for myself.  Thank goodness for all 5,000 channels I can surf.  For today's soundtrack, the theme is Saturday. It would be to depressing to make it "alone".  I could totally come up with huge list but I want to end on optimistic note.  Enjoy!




Kidd Video - my favorite Saturday morning cartoon.

My favorite Saturday afternoon show - American Bandstand.

Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. It has always been my experience that the moment you STOP trying or wishing you had a relationship, from out of the blue comes one!

    Are there any interesting guys at your gym? Church? OK, maybe no one at work, but what about guys that come to your work? Heck...the grocery store? I can always make friends in the strangest of places.

    But I also think the older you get, the more picky you are. So I think finding someone that fits all your criteria is going to be difficult. At least I think I would be that way if I were single. They'd have to have their stuff together and know how to treat a lady right.

    Just exactly what are you looking for in a guy? Maybe I know someone! ;-)

    ReplyDelete