Monday, February 7, 2011

Career Opportunities

Almost 7 months have passed since I was a productive member of society.  That's almost 4 years in dog years.  It's flown by and at the same time it feels like just yesterday when I received the ax.

The weekdays just drag on when you have to stay in your own yard and don't get to play with other kids.  TV isn't fun anymore because afternoon TV is pretty bad (except for Law & Order - RIP: Lenny Briscoe).  Then there is the endless hours of searching for a job online.  At least 20 - 30 websites are scoured daily.  A few emails and phone calls are sent out for networking purposes and still no J-O-B.  Don't get me wrong, I so enjoy reading all the job postings that I am not qualified for, over qualified or just plain scare me.  If I see the job listing for the professional gentlemen that is looking for a barefoot assistant again (yes, you read that right), I am going to scream.  Dude, apparently the high unemployment rate still isn't a good enough reason for anyone to do something that weird. 

Being laid off also offers you plenty of time to think.  Sometimes too much.  You can only go down memory lane so many times.  Facebook is a good way to spend mindless hours but that soon fades.  Never fear, there is always a new website, blog, or video to check out.

If I arrange my closets one more time I will scream.  I  shouldn't complain because I was able to arrange every closet, shelf, desk, and cabinet in my apartment a minimum of four times.  I've dropped off about 5 trunk loads of stuff at Goodwill in the last 7 months.  How is that possible?  At least I have become more charitable and my apartment is really organized.  Not having a job also allows more time to workout.  Especially since there is a really cute guy that works out about the same time as I do.

I guess this all my ranting for today.  I will now go reorganize my bedroom or watch Law & Order. Below is today's soundtrack.  Today's theme: Working.  Let's all hope that I can finally get to do so soon.








Bring on the work!!!  Thanks for reading my blog.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment