Monday, February 21, 2011

We're going to be friends for a long time.

A stud and dud.  That was the theme for my movie-filled weekend.  How is that possible since I am sans a cash flow?  Great friends, that's how. Friday night I spent it with my friend T and Liam Neeson in his new movie "Unknown".  It's not the most believable premise but wow!  He was so great in it.  Entertainment Weekly felt the same way about him and the movie. Check it out: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/02/21/liam-neeson-born-again-action-star/  .  I've been a huge fan of his forever (I love me some Irish men) and I am so glad that he is rocking the box office for the second time.  Good for him!  Sunday I went with my friends H & B to see "Just Go With It".  I was very disappointed by it.  Adam Sandler is just regurgitating what he as done in the past but with no heart.  What happened to the good characters and sweet storyline like in "The Wedding Singer" and "50 First Dates"?  I loved those movies.  I was really sad that this one doesn't even compare.  After the movie, H commented "That was Brooklyn Decker?  I didn't even know that she was an actress".  At the same time both me and B said "She isn't it."  We all busted out laughing. 

I have been truly blessed with some of the greatest friends ever.  I thank God for them each night.  After dealing with so many downs, it's so nice to know that my friends are still standing there with me and will pick me up when I fall.  I can't say this enough, I am so lucky to have them in my life. 

Growing up in the Panhandle I've made some great friends.  Over 20 years later, I know that I could call any one of them and they would be there for me in a heartbeat.  Plus this little thing called the Facebook has made such a difference in our lives.  It's great for a little gossip, a pick me up and inspiration.  I don't know who to thank for creating Facebook. I guess I need to hurry up and watch "The Social Network" and find out.

Today's soundtrack is "Friendship".  I hope that everyone is as blessed and lucky as I am in the friends department.  This is my favorite quote and sums up all of my friendships.  "A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying...'Damn,  that was fun!"   Here's to many, many, many more years of friendship and love.








Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Jules, enjoying reading your blog. You have quite a talent, and I hope you'll continue this blog and further develop your "voice on paper." I echo your sentiments about friendship, and know that "we're going to be friends for a long time." I'm happy to have you as a friend. See you soon!

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liam!
    Thank you so much for the kind words. You are too sweet.

    Thanks!
    Jules

    ReplyDelete