Monday, February 14, 2011

Everlasting Love

Why is dating so difficult?  Especially here in DFW.  There are so many people and yet I can't seem to meet one nice, sweet, cute, smart guy that is interested in starting a relationship. I tried the bar scene, online dating and blind dating.  And I have zero to show for this.  Okay maybe not zero because I've learned what I don't want.  I have met some nice guys but no chemistry whatsoever, then I've met some perverts. I won't even get into that story. 

I used to think that I would be casually going along and bam! I would meet the man of my dreams.  Isn't that what they say?  You will be living your life (trotting along: la, la, la, la) and then it just appears when you least expect it.  Maybe I am looking for it but I am also not stalking it.  If that is the case, why hasn't it happened yet?  I have to assure myself that it's in God's hand and I can't make something happen out of nothing.

I hate to admit this but my mind has been warped by all those wonderful 80's movies.  A good friend of mine and I were once talking about how we've built these type of expectations up so much that when we are faced with the realities of a relationship we scoff at them.  We want to be Samantha Baker.  The love of my life would make me a cake and we would sit in a candle-lit room on a dining room table just like Jake Ryan. Or maybe his declaration of love would be him standing outside my window holding up a jam box a la' Lloyd Dobler.  My grown up mind knows this is total b.s. but my 14 year old heart is still holding out for that. My sissy and I talked about this also.  We came to the conclusion that yes, we know it's not real but it's a nice outlet for us.

In the meantime, I will continue to wait for the one.  This man will go to as many Rangers games as possible with me, understand my U2 obsession and be an all around fine guy (not the Herb Tarlek kind either).  Here's to finding an everlasting love.



 




Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!  And remember, you can be your own Valentine.  As a matter a fact my present to myself is FIOS.  Woo!Hoo!

Thanks for reading.
Much love!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment