Friday, February 18, 2011

Danger! High Voltage it's Friday!!!

It's Friday! If I was employed that would be two of the greatest words ever.  Since I am not, it's just another day that I am on the government dime.  I am tired of being a statistic.  I need to be productive.  This week I've received another 3 rejection emails.  Boo!!!!  That is starting to affect my mood but I am trying to stay positive.  Must stay chipper. I will combat it with workouts, my blog and hanging out with family & friends.  And possibly some Twizzlers and On Demand.

The last time I was laid off, it took me five months to find a job.  It wasn't pretty either.  So many of my weeks were depression filled.  You know that saying "Fake it until you make it"?  Well I tried really hard to follow that philosophy but there came a time where I didn't care.  I didn't want to see anyone, talk to anyone or even venture out of my abode.  I was a pretty sad sack.  Thank goodness my family and friends stood by me and put up with my poop.

Now it's different. I am making an effort to stay happier, healthier and social.  One thing that has helped me so much is working out. I've always worked out but this time I am on a mission.  That mission is to fight off the stress of this crappy situation.   I've lucked out here in my complex. We have a personal trainer that teaches five classes a week.  I am totally taking advantage of that. And it's paid off.  My sister, I will call her Sister B commented on the fact that I now have a butt.  She couldn't believe it.  I was Flat Stanley all my life and now I am headed into Jennifer Garner's Alias territory.   One good thing has come out of the unemployment blues - I am bootylicious now!

I feel better now that I have vented. Even though I really can't celebrate TGIF, I will still have a great kickin' soundtrack.  Enjoy!!




I know this isn't the actual video but when I hear 
this song all I think about is this hilarious skit.
RIP: Swayze & Farley.  You are missed!!




Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment