Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mr. Firth and Caramel

I am so ready for the Oscars.  I know it's about 3 weeks away but I am all ready counting down.  I have always watched the award shows.  I doesn't matter what it is, I am watching. Except for the People's Choice awards.  I am really not a fan of that one.  I haven't watched that in years and to be honest they are way too rigged (and cheesy) for my taste. However I will hunker down and watch the rest of them.  I love watching all the beautiful people walk the red carpet, the "I'm just happy to be nominated" chit-chat and the watching nominees wait while their name is not called.  How do they stay so poised? I would probably start crying on camera if I didn't win.  But then again, I guess that is why they are actors.  You never see any of them breakdown after not hearing their name called. Is that why there are so many after parties for the non-winners (I will not call them losers) so that they can drink away the disappointment?

This year is Colin Firth's year.  He was nominated last year (for A Single Man) with Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart) and he received no love.  Now, it's opposite.  JB is up for best actor in True Grit and Colin in The King's Speech and Colin is now getting all the praise. Woo!Hoo!  Love it!  I've seen both of the films and really liked them. However, I felt that Jeff Bridges was a little much like his character "The Dude" in The Big Lebowski.  I don't know why but I do.  I still liked the film but I think that Colin will be the man this year. 

For today's soundtrack, the theme is movie soundtracks. Enjoy!

The Truth about Cats & Dogs

Reality Bites


500 Days of Summer

Bridget Jones' Diary

High Fidelity

The Lost Boys


Thanks for reading and stay warm!
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment