Thursday, February 24, 2011

Learning to Fly so I don't go postal

What's a girl to do when she is unemployed?   The most obvious is looking for a job. As most of you know, I spend the majority of my day doing so.  After that, it's up to the girl.  And this one is doing a little bit of everything. Below is what keeps me from going postal.

The library has become a good friend of mine.  Yesterday, I checked out three books: "My life in France" by Julia Child, "Julie & Julia" by Julie Powell and a book on social media.  As you can tell, I am getting a bit obsessed over Mrs. Child.  I started the Julia Child book and love it.  I stayed up pretty late last night reading it.  I am finding her fascinating and there are some great pictures that her husband, Paul took. There is a downside of my newest friend.  They are closing my library on March 5th and a new one will open but it will be even farther.  Boo!  Of course it might be a good change of pace since my current library is small and smells really, really, really old.

Then I also do some volunteering.  I am working on the April golf tournament for Girl Power 2 Cure.  It's been nice because I am doing things that I did when I had job. Checking out blogs, websites and meet up groups and begging for some support and exposure.  That's basically what PR is and it does get a little time consuming. But when you get great results then it's so worth it.  If you know any golfers check out the website: http://www.girlpower2cure.org/golf .  Even if you aren't a golfer there are other ways to support the charity.  I need to hurry up and get a job so that I can buy some raffle tickets because there is some rockin' prizes. Mama needs that digital camera. 

I should go workout tonight but just have no desire.  What I really want to do is curl up on the couch and read my book.  Which is probably what I will do.  I know it's a beautiful day but I am okay with just sitting here and being a bum.

OMG - I almost forgot to include this lovely tidbit.  I have an interview next week.  It's a company in Frisco.  The distance totally sucks but one can't be picky when one is not getting any bites whatsoever.  And I had a prelim interview yesterday with another company.  Things are starting looking up for me.  So far I've applied for 15 jobs this week. Someone has got to take mercy on me.

Okay, time to get my reading on.  For today's soundtrack, the theme is songs that keep me from going postal. Hope you enjoy them.  Let me know your songs.  I am always looking for good music.




 



Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment