Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I am a Square Peg

This little lay-off has given me even more time to do one of my favorite things, watch TV.  I have been addicted since I was a kid.  I remember coming home from school and doing all my homework as fast as I could so that I could be ready for prime time television.  I memorized the times and channels of all the best shows.  Well, the best in my little mind. I actually thought that "Joannie loves Chachi" was genius.  I guess my love-colored glasses for Scott Baio clouded my judgement.  However, I did discover the gem "Square Pegs."  I loved that show!!!  I wanted to be Sarah Jessica Parker. That shows what kind of dork I was when I was younger.  I wanted to be the dork in the series, not the cool, mean girl. 

TV' has also filled the void of not having boyfriend. I may not have a man in real life right now but I can always depend on my TV boyfriends.  They are always there when I need them.  And now with the greatest invention ever - the DVR, I can count on them 24/7.  I just finished watching last night's episode of "Castle".  Oh, Nathan Fillion, I am so perfect for you.  Now that I think about it, I have lots of TV boyfriends.  Below is my list TV boyfriends, not in any order:
  • Jim Halbert - The Office
  • Richard Castle - Castle
  • Marshall "Marshmallow" Erikson - How I Met Your Mother
  • Conan O'Brien
  • Michael Imperioli - Detriot 187
  • Benjamin Bratt - Law & Order
  • Chris Noth - in anything
  • Donnie Wahlberg - Blue Bloods 

Along with the all the love, there also comes a dislike.  A dislike of horrible commercials.  I can't understand how these made it on air.  Below is my top 3 "Yuck" list:
  • McDonald's coffee: Apparently, drinking it makes you want to slap the dog out of the table. 
  • FC Dallas: Who came up with that horrible song? Awful!!
  • Cinnamon toast crunch cereal: Googly-eyed, tongue flailing squares of creepiness.

Well, I guess I better get back to my friend, Oprah. Since she is going to leave us, I need to watch her as much as possible.   Today's soundtrack comes from the best TV shows ever plus one rockin' song from TV On The Radio (two of favorite things).








Am I wrong on my choice of TV boyfriends?  Feel free to let me know who your TV boyfriend is and your thoughts on the worst commercials.  Thanks for reading my blog.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment