Friday, February 4, 2011

Shiny, Happy People

The other day I was in the gym and talking to my workout partners about what I wanted in life.  And that is basically to be happy.  And of course they all laughed.  Let me back up and tell you how we arrived at the mocking and laughing.  We began talking about having money and I said that it is was my opinion that money doesn't always make a person completely happy.  They of course all jumped down my throat saying that I was wrong and if they were rich, they would be more than happy.  Now don't get me wrong, money is a factor in being happy but that's not all.  I've never been a person that grew up aspiring to be rich.  I aspired to have a career and to be comfortable.  As I got older and wiser, I aspired to work in a field that made me happy.  And luckily enough for me I did attain those goals. 

After we had that conversation, I began to reevaluate what truly makes me happy.  As of today, it's knowing that I have a wonderful family and great friends that I can turn to at any given time (for a pep talk, a hot meal, or a venting session), I have a good prospect on a job and my bills are paid.  Now here is where it gets tricky.  What is going to make me truly happy?  The perfect job, a husband, children, a new bra, charity work, the new Matt Damon movie, the New Doubt CD, a huge lottery win?  Whatever comes my way, I will be happy.

In order to commemorate my HAPPINESS mantra, let's add a soundtrack to it.
Makes Me HAPPY:
REM - Shiny Happy People

Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing a Song

The Lemmonheads - Into Your Arms
 

Harry Connick, Jr. - Recipe for Love
 

Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

B.o.B. (Featuring Rivers Cuomo) - Magic

Olivia Newton-John & ELO - Xanadu

Audioslave - Dandelion

Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies

 U2- All Because of You
 

Thanks for taking time to read my blog and stay warm.
Julie

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Julie! It's a great mantra that I also try to live by. Find something great about each day - some days it's harder than others, but I dig it!

    ReplyDelete