Sunday, February 6, 2011

Football and Dazed

And the Super Bowl is here.  It's pretty much down the street from me.  I wasn't looking forward to it since The Cowboys weren't even close. But now that it's here, I am actually kind of excited.  I wish I would have been more a part of it. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I missed it.  I don't know why I didn't join any of the volunteer committees. What was I thinking?  Well, apparently I wasn't. When Arlington was announced as the destination for the 2011 Super Bowl, I was so excited but I was working a lot and didn't think that I would have time for a committee.  Now, I am kicking myself.  I am in promotions & publicity and I should have jumped at the chance to work on anything.   I am sitting here watching all the events pass me by and being envious of everyone that got involved.  Earlier this afternoon, I did however drive by the Omni in Las Colinas to see if I could stalk the Packers.  When I arrived all I could see was the team buses which took up most of the street.  My stalking quickly ended.  I guess now all I can do is just enjoy all pregame activities and eat my weight in snack foods. 

What is the lesson I learned ?  It's to take a chance, see what is out there and get out of my comfort zone.  You only live once, blah, blah, blah.  You know all those sayings. But seriously, lesson learned.  Quit being a wuss and live.  Or as Wooderson in Dazed and Confused stated - "You just gotta keep livin', L-I-V-I-N!  DISCLAIMER: I do not endorse the drug usage in this movie. But I do loooooove this film!!   It captures the year and the small town feel. 



Speaking of that film, Richard Linklater is fantastic!!  I think he know his craft and does it so well.  One of my favorite scenes from Dazed & Confused is below.  I can't explain it but just the flow of the music and way the camera follows the cast is just amazing.  He rocks it!!!



Today's soundtrack theme is the Super Bowl. Enjoy!!!

Reason: Which little boy doesn't dream about playing in the Super Bowl?

Reason: Duh! Steelers, please.



Reason: For my little Aaron Rodgers.  I couldn't go "We are Champions" because that is too easy.


Well, thanks again for checking out my blog. Happy Super Bowl!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment