I am now done with the "what does it all mean" phase of the program. Time to move on to the most important story of the day - The Oscars!! I ended up going to an Oscar watching party and had a great time. It was fun to be a room full of people that get as excited as me and my sister L get when watching the show. Had lots of great food and drink and now today I am paying for it. This comes back to me being M.A. I am not as spry as I once was and sometimes I forget that. :)
Here is my quick rundown of the show.
- Anne Hatheway - That girl has a great stylist. She was flawless in each costume change. I thought she was so adorable.
- James Franco - I knew he would be super laid back and I am laughing at people online who were surprised by it. Really, do you know the man's work? Come on, he is not the most hi-octane person so why the face?
- Alec Baldwin/Morgan Freeman - Loved it!!
- Mark Ruffalo - the cutest guy ever. Sad that he didn't win but check out this article about tweeting his Oscar speech. How can you not like this sweetie?
- Christian Bale - uggh, beard needs to go. That ruined his look and speech for me. I kept noticing that it was a different color.
- Cate Blanchett - Love you in everything but that tacky chenille bedspread.
- Helen Mirren - Lovely! She is a hot lady. Just not happy that is in the Arthur remake with Russell Brand (Yuck - dude take a bath, comb that hair and you're not funny).
- David Seidler (The King's Speech) - You are my new hero. I too am a late bloomer.
- Robert Downey Jr. - HOT!!!! Quick movie suggestion, check out his film Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
- Sandra Bullock (or as Ryan Seacrest calls her, Sandy Bullock) - She looked amazing. That woman gets hotter and hotter. LOVE HER!!! The next time I am in Austin, I am totally looking you up.
- Best Picture - Kinda weird that it was the images of all the films but dubbed over by "The King's Speech". I will be honest, I kinda thought that the Social Network was going to win Best Picture.
- Natalie Portman - Abfab!
- Colin Firth - Validation!!! He looked great and was so charming during his speech. I love that he adores his wife so much.
All in all, I think it was a great show. Great company and a great night.
I couldn't decided on the theme for today's soundtrack. Finally decided on feeling young. These are just some of the songs bring back some great teen memories for me. Night-tracks, sleepovers, rollerskating and 16 magazine. I would love to know your songs. Feel free to post.
Thanks for reading my blog!