Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dreaming of becoming a human again

Today has been 8 months since the ax fell on my career.  I still can't believe I have been out of work this long.   I have never been out this amount of time.  It's shocking how fast these months have flown by.  It was just last summer when my life turned upside down.  Now here I sit trying to make ends meet and put my life back together again.  But good news, I have two interviews this week.  The last two weeks have been hopping for me (interview-wise).  It looks like there might be light at the end of what seems like a never-ending tunnel.  I can feel it. I will be a productive human soon.

So I finished my Julia Child book.  Fantastique!  It kind makes wish that I would have taken French in school.  Reading this book has made me wonder about other things that I should learn to do. Here is preliminary list of what I think I can attempt to learn:
  • French - I hear Rosetta Stone is greatness.
  • Cooking - I mean really cook. I can make spaghetti like nobody's business. Baked chicken is on that list too.
  • Photoshop - Since I have been successfully unemployed, I noticed how many promotions/marketing positions have that skill as a requirement and I do not have that in my repertoire. (Look at me all ready using the French.) 
  • Photography - I've always loved taking pictures.  I took a continuing ed class about 3 years ago and had a blast.  I aspire to be a great photographer (as I suspect everyone else does).   Here are a few of my favorite pics that I have taken over the last few years.
Puerto Vallarta

Snow day 2011






























I am in a light, poppy mood. Today's soundtrack is some great, fun, poppy 80's tunes.  Just some good stuff today.  Enjoy!








Thanks for reading my blog.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment