Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm ready for some Changes

I am beginning to feel lost.  I don't know where I belong.  Yesterday I had two interviews and I am feeling a bit weird about them.

1st interview - It was a bit odd.  I arrived and there was three other people in the lobby.  The head dude came and told us that we were going to do something different.  The company decided to do a presentation to everyone and then we all had to stand up, introduce ourselves and tell them why we would be the right person for the job.  By this time, there were 7 candidates.  As they are giving us their song & dance, I knew that this wasn't for me. As a matter of fact, as I was driving to the interview, I had a feeling that it was going to be a waste of time.  And it was.  I graciously left after the first segment. I thanked them for their time and got the heck out of dodge.  Oh did I mention that they wanted us to make a cold call. Wait, wasn't this a promotion position?  Actually, no it wasn't.  It was a company that was looking for people to set up appointments for them.  Umm, no thanks!  Not my cup of tea.

2nd interview - It was in bfd but I decided to give it a try anyway.  It was a really good interview but I don't think it's the one for me.  They kinda told me that it was going to be job that would entail me to work at all hours.  I was asked about my home life, which as you all know is a round about way asking if I am married with kiddos.  I got the feeling that it was a job that was going to be crazy nuts.  I don't mind doing it for the right job but not this one.  But for a good price, I could be bought. :)

On the upside, I was contacted for a 2nd interview from the company that interviewed me earlier this week.  Fingers crossed on that one.

As I stated early, I am feeling a bit lost.  I just can't seem to find my right job.  When I started working in radio back in '98, I finally felt that I found my peers.  I was the little girl in the bee suit from the video "No Rain" by Blind Lemon and then I found my bee people.  Now, I am just floating and trying to find anchor.  I don't know where I will land but I just hope that it will be in a new "bee land".

Today's theme is hope and change.






Thanks for reading my blog and have a great weekend!
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment