Wednesday, March 23, 2011

R.I.P. Fire Woman

How weird is it that I mentioned Elizabeth Taylor in my blog yesterday and then I get up this morning to see that she has passed away today? Creepy!!!  Very sad for her family.  It doesn't matter how long a person lives, it's never enough time for their family. 

She was a lovely lady and she was in 2 of my favorite movies; Giant and Father of the Bride.  The first time I saw Giant, I was 12 years old, it was a Sunday morning and I was sick.  I remember stumbling upon it and I was hooked with the drama, the bigness, the hotties.  That was when I fell in love with James Dean.  If you haven't seen this movie, give it a chance.  It tackles the issues of women's rights, prejudice and difference between the social classes.  I do own it on VHS and one day I will buy the DVD (if there is one).  Her character is a tough gal from the East Coast and she doesn't back down to anyone.  So good!!! 

And then there is Father of the Bride and not the vapid, Steve Martin version.  I did not like that one or the sequel.  I saw no reason to remake it in the first place.  This one has Elizabeth and Spencer Tracy.  It's so sweet and light. I wanted Spencer Tracy to be my father. 

There are a few of her movies that I have been interested in watching but never got around to it. TCM will be doing a special programming tribute to her on April 10th.  I've checked out the schedule and all ready know that I will be watching Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.  Oh, I love me some Paul Newman.

I will close with today's soundtrack. The theme today is strong and bold because Ms. Liz was a strong, bold woman.  R.I.P. Ms. Taylor.










Thanks for reading my blog.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment