Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Life is a Highway

What a weekend!  I am lucky enough to be hanging out at SXSW for 2 days.  I just got here today and it's been an adventure.  Here's what I've learned and seen since I've arrived.

  • Mallory Keaton - I think she needs to eat a sandwich. She is too skinny.  At least for my taste.  I always wanted to be her when she was on Family Ties except when she started dating the dud, Nick.  Why????
  • A woman wearing a Mexican-style dress (remember those from the 80's?). Are those coming back in style? I didn't get the memo.
  • Dwight K. Schrute - And me without my Schrute bucks
  • A car in the middle lane making a right hand turn in front of a bus making the same right hand turn.
  • A state trooper pointing his gun at a guy he pulled over on I-35.  I have never seen a gun in real life. Even from the other side of the highway, I was scared.
  • I made a really handsome actor laugh but I can't remember his name nor did I flirt nearly enough with him.  Of course now I am thinking of all these great one-liners I could have used on him.  I really need to have a writer with me at all times for just such an occasion.  AHHH!!!
  • Those little smart cars in Austin - pretty rawkin'.
  • The Foo Fighters will be here on Wednesday and I will not. I leave on Monday night.  Dave Grohl, you've missed me yet again. We really need to work on our timing.  I love their new song,  Rope.

It's been a fun day and so should tomorrow.  For today's soundtrack, the theme is traveling.  Enjoy!








Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment