Monday, March 7, 2011

My Monday was a little Crazy

Another Monday that I didn't have to get up early like the rest of you money makers. It's been a quiet day here at the homestead.  A few hours of searching for a job and then I worked on the golf tournament. I am hoping that we get some more golfers. I've been posting it everywhere online and sending it everyone and anyone.

What will I talk about today?  How about movies? I am a sucker for documentaries.  Have I ever mentioned that?  Well, I am.  This evening I stumbled on "The Eyes of Tammy Faye".  You remember her right?  She was the pint-size, mascara loving, singing, praising Jesus wife of televangelist, Jim Baker.  As weird as this sounds, I've always found her intriguing.  And after watching the documentary, I still think that.  She was funny, a little strange and speaks her mind.  And I like that in a person.  It's of course slanted to show what a good person she really is, even though she and her ex-husband apparently milked millions out of people.  I don't know what the truth is about that whole situation, I just know I really liked the film.  The one thing that stuck out was how Tammy Faye was interviewing people on her show that the other Christian shows didn't acknowledge - gays, people with AIDS, drug addicts, etc.  She did that before it was accepted. That says a lot about her.  It seemed like she loved everyone.  I faintly remember the filming coming out in 2000 but never had a chance to watch it.  Glad I finally had the time to check it out.  Well worth my time.

Then there is the documentary on the other end of the spectrum called "Lemmy".  He's the lead singer from Motorhead.  I caught it one late night a couple of weeks ago.   He's kind of a weird dude.  I was hooked.  I am not a metal head so I've never really heard any of his music.  All I know of Lemmy is that Dave Grohl (yummy!!) of the Foo Fighters thinks he is the greatest dude ever.  It was really interesting.  Apparently his baby mamma dated John Lennon before she met him. What I thought was kind of different was that he has lived in the same small apartment he moved into like in the 70's.  So there is stuff stashed everywhere (gold records, cups, books, albums).  It looked like an episode of Hoarders (which is one of my secret addictions - shh!).  He did say something that made me really like him.  The filmmaker asked him what his most prize possession was in his apartment.  Lemmy looked to his right at his son and said "My son."  Oh goodness, here comes the tears.  So sweet. Here's this hard-rockin', cussin', hard-drinkin' man and he has a soft spot for his child. Well now I am on the Lemmy bandwagon. 

Next on my list is of documentaries is "Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten" and "Valentino" The Last Emperor".  I am a huge fan of The Clash so the Joe Strummer movie is up my alley.  I would totally marry him if he was still with us.  I hope to get to these this week.

For today's soundtrack them is crazy since both Tammy Faye and Lemmy are just a little kooky and I love them for it.  Enjoy!







Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment