Friday, March 25, 2011

I Confess - I am weird.

Happy Friday!!
As you know, one of my obsessions is The Office. So it only makes sense that I blog about it today.  Last night was the Michael G. Scott proposal to one Miss Holly Flax.  I knew it was coming (heck they promoted the dog out of it) and yet I still cried like a baby.  Okay, I cried even before that.  I cried when Michael said he was going to ask Holly and when he called Holly's dad.  It was a big, snotty nose cry too. Not just dainty little tears; huge, snot inducing tears. The proposal was so sweet and to see the joy and love in both Michael and Holly's eyes was amazing. Can we please give this man his well-deserved Emmy all ready?  I mean, come on.  Even today, I am still walking on Cloud 9. Why?  Well because I am geek and because as I mentioned I am obsessed with The Office. I even have a Dwight K. Schrute bobble head, courtesy of my sister, L. I love it! It's even autographed by Dwight himself when I interviewed him a couple of years ago.
Dwight!!
It read's "Julie - Get A Life."
Signed by Rainn Wilson!!!
After my big snot-fest, I was a little embarrassed.  But then I realized that I do a lot of embarrassing things.  So I decided to purge my soul and make a few confessions.
  • I love watching The Golden Girls. Yes, I know it's over 20 years old and it's a bunch of old ladies but I love them.  I watch them every night before I go to sleep and wake up to them. 
  • I baby talk to my cat.  Weird, I know.  But I can't help it. I never thought I would be that person/woman.
  • I have everything my first real boyfriend gave me.  Not a shrine or anything, just a box of stuff. I can't bring myself to throw it away.
  • I have every note that my high school buddy, J wrote me during our senior year and I am planning on getting them bound.  Again weird, I know.
  • Up until I was about 10 years old I thought my sister, was Cher.  Why?  Well, my sister was very glamorous and when she came to visit us, it was a huge deal. She had the long, dark hair, the awesome clothes and cool sunglasses.
  • I like to wash dishes while listening to cheesy Top 40 radio (KEOM-FM is greatness!).  The cheesier the better.
  • I can't swim and I don't want to learn.
  • I listen to the reruns of Casey Kasem's Top 40 countdown.
  • I still have my prom dress.
Maybe I am not weird, maybe I am just a pack rat?  Anyway, there is just some of my weirdness/geekiness for all to judge.  Just the tip of the iceberg.  There are plenty more things but I am too lazy to put them in writing and it would take too long to describe.  In honor of my confessions, today's theme is confessions and my geekiness.  Enjoy!






Thanks for reading my blog!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment